Forest Ridge Fund
The Forest Ridge Fund is the annual fund of Forest Ridge. It is the School’s most important yearly fundraising effort.
Gifts of all sizes are valued and will make a direct impact on every student’s experience. Give now through June 30, 2020 and your tax-deductible gift will be counted in our annual giving cycle.
- What is the Forest Ridge Fund?
- How can I make a gift to the Forest Ridge Fund?
- When should I give to the Forest Ridge Fund?
- How much should I give?
- Is my gift tax-deductible?
- How does a Forest Ridge Fund gift differ from a capital and endowment gift?
- What is the difference between a gift and a pledge?
- Do all parents contribute to the Forest Ridge Fund?
- What does my gift to the Forest Ridge Fund support?
- Why am I asked to contribute to the Forest Ridge Fund every year?
- Why doesn't tuition income cover all costs?
- Who do I contact for more information?
- How will I be recognized for my gift?
The Forest Ridge Fund is the school’s most important yearly fundraising effort and allows us to say YES to possibilities in the current school year.
The Forest Ridge Fund supports the people and programs that provide exceptional opportunities beyond those covered by tuition and fees. Whether a student’s passion lies in academics, the arts, athletics or technology, it is the Forest Ridge Fund that strengthens these programs each year.
Our goal is to raise $425,000 from all members of the school community – board of trustees, parents, grandparents, alumnae, parents of alumnae, faculty, staff and friends.
- Donate online at www.forestridge.org under the Make a Gift tab.
- Mail in or drop off a check payable to the “Forest Ridge School” and include “Forest Ridge Fund” in the memo line:
Forest Ridge School
Attn: Advancement Office
4800 139th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98006
- Make a stock transfer. To facilitate the most accurate transfer, please notify us before you initiate a stock transfer so we can identity your gift when it is received and acknowledge it in a timely manner. Contact Casey Hall O'Rourke '90 in the Advancement Office for instructions.
- Pledge online or contact Casey Hall O'Rourke '90 to schedule your pledge details. All pledges should be fulfilled by June 30, 2020.
In many ways, participation is more important than the amount given. However, each donor is asked to consider giving at a level that reflects their commitment to the school and their capacity to give. Every donation, regardless of the amount, makes a difference.
Gifts range in size from $25 to many thousands. For those who are able, we encourage joining the Forest Ridge Fund’s Tres Bien leadership circle with a personal gift of $3,000 or a combined gift of $4,500 with corporate matching.
Yes! Donations to the Forest Ridge Fund are 100% tax-deductible under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code whereas tuition is not.
Also, many businesses and corporations match employee contributions to the Forest Ridge School. Matching gifts are generally credited to the same fund as your gift and can double or even triple the impact of your gift! You will receive donor recognition for your own gift plus the value of the matching gift. Match recognition is given in the fiscal year the match is received. Tuition is not eligible for matching gifts.
Periodic appeals are made for specific needs, such as facility improvements or increases to endowment. These appeals are typical during a capital campaign. The Forest Ridge Fund is used for current operations and is generally unrestricted for use where the school has the greatest need. A capital or endowment gift will go towards Forest Ridge’s future. Your Forest Ridge Fund gift is put toward the school’s present-day needs.
A gift is your immediate donation to the school. A pledge is your formal promise to pay a certain amount at a later date.
Pledges can be paid at any time during our current fiscal year July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020. A pledge can be paid off in one single payment or a customized installment schedule spreading the pledge amount over several months. Pledge reminders will be sent to your mailing address and payments may be made via cash, check, online or credit card.
Each year, the Forest Ridge Fund offers flexibility in the budget, as unrestricted gifts can be quickly returned to our students where the support is needed most.
Annual gifts to the Forest Ridge Fund provide immediate support for:
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Academic programming and excellence
- Faculty and Staff professional development
- Enhanced arts, athletics, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Student community building, faith development and other co-curricular activities
- Campus renewal and preservation
For many families, increases in tuition would make a Forest Ridge education prohibitive. Through tax-deductible Forest Ridge Fund donations, we can keep tuition costs more affordable while maintaining the small, increasingly diverse community that makes Forest Ridge such an amazing place to educate all girls.
All donors are recognized in our Annual Report, with names listed alphabetically within giving levels. Donors may also opt to remain anonymous. We will acknowledge your donation with a thank you letter, which also serves as a receipt for tax purposes. Most importantly, you will have the gratitude of the entire Forest Ridge community!