Forest Ridge Middle School educates girls to be inclusive, ethical, innovative and globally-minded leaders who seek justice in the service of others. We believe every girl can be a leader because everyone can serve, using her strengths to create positive solutions and change.
Our leadership program is designed to develop:
- Personal leaders who have a strong sense of their strengths and values and are able to motivate themselves to set goals and persist through challenges.
- Inclusive leaders who understand, value and appreciate differences and are able to bring the best out in others.
- Ethical leaders who look out for the good of all and understand that their actions have impact.
- Innovative leaders who believe problems have solutions and work to use their gifts and the talents of others to find solutions
- Globally-minded leaders who understand that their actions and choices have impact beyond themselves and that the resources of our world need to be cared for and shared.
Four key building blocks are the backbone of our leadership program:
- Understanding personal strengths and style
- Providing opportunities to practice working collaboratively to solve problems and meet challenges
- Teaching strategies for collaboration, communication and creativity
- Providing opportunities to give and receive feedback and to reflect on strengths and stretches
Girls work with these building blocks during structured activities in advisory, in classes, and in self-selected experiential opportunities both during the school day and outside of school.
The overall middle school program is infused with opportunities for girls to practice leadership in its many forms: personal, inclusive, ethical, innovative and globally-minded. Forest Ridge Middle School believes one of the best ways to build girl’s leadership skills is by providing a wide variety of leadership opportunities both inside and outside classroom.