Need-Based Tuition Assistance
Forest Ridge uses School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) to process need-based financial aid applications. SSS is a function of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and is used by over 2,400 schools nationwide. SSS is a web-based financial aid management system. Based on the financial information you provide, which is then verified by the income tax information you submit, SSS provides Forest Ridge with an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps the tuition assistance committee make fair and objective decisions regarding aid allocation.
- Parents must complete the Parents Financial Statement to SSS beginning in November 2016. The priority deadline for submission of SSS forms is January 12, 2017. Please note that SSS forms are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis after the priority deadline.
- You will be required to create a SSS account (username/password) and pay the application fee of $48.00. The fee is non-refundable. If this fee is a hardship for your family, please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After gathering your financial documents and completing your SSS application, you will need to complete your 2016 taxes and submit copies to SSS for verification. 2015 tax returns will also be required of families applying for financial assistance for the first time. The priority deadline for submitting taxes to SSS is February 9, 2017. Your tax documents should be uploaded directly to the SSS website or mailed to: School and Student Services by NAIS, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449.
- Tuition assistance awards are mailed with admission decision notifications (February 23, 2017 for high school applicants, March 16, 2017 for middle school applicants.)
PLEASE NOTE: All financial information provided to SSS and made available to Forest Ridge is held in strict confidence by Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart.
All applicants to Forest Ridge will be considered for endowed scholarships, made available by very generous donors (click here to view available scholarships
). We are extremely grateful for their ongoing support of Forest Ridge and its students.
Scholarships that have a need-based component will be awarded to students whose families have completed an SSS application and have a demonstrated need. Non-need based scholarships are awarded to students based on information provided in the application for admission, including teacher evaluations, transcripts, and test score reports. Scholarship awards are mailed with admission decision notifications (February 23, 2017 for high school applicants; March 16, 2017 for middle school applicants.)
Sacred Heart Scholarship
The Sacred Heart Scholarship is awarded each year to an incoming 9th grade student who embodies the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education.
- a personal and active faith in God
- a deep respect for intellectual values
- a social awareness which impels to action
- the building of community as a Christian value
- a personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom
Students must submit a scholarship application
to be considered for the Sacred Heart Scholarship and an interview may be required. The Sacred Heart Scholarship is valued at half-tuition and is renewable annually provided that the scholarship’s renewal requirements are met.