English Immersion Summer Program
Join us in summer for our English Immersion Student Programs (EISP) at Forest Ridge! Last summer, we piloted a new, online format for our English Immersion classes and this year we are excited to bring the best of in-person and online learning to you. We have kept our mission, our highly experienced faculty, and our engaging small-group format across both programs. Now we invite you to learn with us, through whichever format is right for you! While this program is on hold for the summer of 2021, we look forward to welcoming students in the summer of 2022.
For four weeks in July and August, we welcome a small cohort of students into Forest Ridge’s boutique-style dorm for intensive English and cultural programming. There will also be a separate, parallel, online course. Student and faculty safety are our top priority.
EISP classes are designed for middle school and high school students (girls ages 10 through 18 who are entering grades 5 through 12). Successful learners will have already studied at least two years of English in a school setting.
Why Forest Ridge?
Proven Academic Program
- Since 2013, EISP has educated hundreds of English language learners, building on our core principles of strong relationships, empowerment for leadership, and academic excellence.
- In 2020, EISP moved online and served 25 students in three countries. The same experienced and innovative teachers are building the 2021 curriculum so that learners can connect with us either in-person or online.
- Students will learn targeted academic skills while being part of an American college-prep environment. Teachers select materials that are relevant and interesting. This isn't "textbook" English!
- Building connections and community among students and faculty is the foundation of our program. Seeing students overcome their hesitations and become bold, independent language users is what drives us.
- Online: TBD, Summer 2022
- In-person: TBD, Summer 2022
Tech information and requirements for online course*:
- Upon enrollment, students will receive a Forest Ridge email account, which allows access to Microsoft Office Products, such as Word and Powerpoint for the duration of the class.
- Students must have a personal computer which is capable of downloading and running the Microsoft Teams application. Smart phones or tablets are not sufficient for full class participation.
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or i5, Core 2 Duo, or similar
- Memory/RAM: at least 4GB (8GB recommended for best performance)
- Storage: minimum 5GB available hard drive space
- Operating System: PC or Mac
- Web Camera and microphone (integrated or external)
- Classes are synchronous and require a reliable broadband internet connection.
- >50mb download speed recommended
- >10mb upload speed recommended
*In-person students will receive a Forest Ridge laptop to use during the program.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to inquire about a custom course for your students.