English Immersion Summer Program
Join us in summer 2021, for our English Immersion Student Programs (EISP) at Forest Ridge! Last summer, we piloted a new, online format for our English Immersion classes and this year we are excited to bring the best of in-person and online learning to you. We have kept our mission, our highly experienced faculty, and our engaging small-group format across both programs. Now we invite you to learn with us, through whichever format is right for you!
For four weeks in July and August, we plan to welcome a small cohort of students into Forest Ridge’s boutique-style dorm for intensive English and cultural programming. There will also be a separate, parallel, online course. Student and faculty safety are our top priority.
EISP classes are designed for middle school and high school students (girls ages 10 through 18 who are entering grades 5 through 12). Successful learners will have already studied at least two years of English in a school setting.
Why Forest Ridge?
Proven Academic Program
- Since 2013, EISP has educated hundreds of English language learners, building on our core principles of strong relationships, empowerment for leadership, and academic excellence.
- In 2020, EISP moved online and served 25 students in three countries. The same experienced and innovative teachers are building the 2021 curriculum so that learners can connect with us either in-person or online.
- Students will learn targeted academic skills while being part of an American college-prep environment. Teachers select materials that are relevant and interesting. This isn't "textbook" English!
- Building connections and community among students and faculty is the foundation of our program. Seeing students overcome their hesitations and become bold, independent language users is what drives us.
*Please note the dates of the in-person program have changed to comply with current COVID-19 related travel restriction exemptions, which allow international students to enter the US if their academic program begins after August 1.
- Online: July 8 - August 5 (Meeting on Sunday - Thursday evenings in the US / Monday - Friday mornings in Asian time zones)
- In-person: August 2 - August 20 (Students are required to arrive in July 25 and quarantine on campus for one week prior to the start of in person classes; students will participate in online classes while they quarantine.)
- Reserve your student’s place in either course with a $250 deposit. Space is limited, especially in the in-person course. Families can request a refund or transfer of this deposit until May 1st . If the program is cancelled by Forest Ridge after that date, due to health or safety concerns, the deposit will continue to be refundable.
- Online course: $3,000 (60 hours of synchronous, live instruction)
- In person course: $6,500 (includes English instruction, room and board, health insurance, chef-prepared meals, use of Forest Ridge technology systems, enrichment activity fees, and 24-hour supervision)
Tech information and requirements for online course*:
- Upon enrollment, students will receive a Forest Ridge email account, which allows access to Microsoft Office Products, such as Word and Powerpoint for the duration of the class.
- Students must have a personal computer which is capable of downloading and running the Microsoft Teams application. Smart phones or tablets are not sufficient for full class participation.
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or i5, Core 2 Duo, or similar
- Memory/RAM: at least 4GB (8GB recommended for best performance)
- Storage: minimum 5GB available hard drive space
- Operating System: PC or Mac
- Web Camera and microphone (integrated or external)
- Classes are synchronous and require a reliable broadband internet connection.
- >50mb download speed recommended
- >10mb upload speed recommended
*In-person students will receive a Forest Ridge laptop to use during the program.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to inquire about a custom course for your students.