English Immersion Summer Program
Forest Ridge School offers girls from around the world an American living and learning experience. The English Immersion Summer Program – held annually from mid-July to early-August – combines the excitement of the Forest Ridge boarding experience with quality English language instruction. The English Immersion Summer Program is designed especially for middle school and high school learners, girls ages 13 through 16, with at least two years of English studied as a subject in school, who are seeking to improve their English skills.
The three-week, intensive English language program incorporates classroom instruction, theater, dance, sports, art and STEM classes, as well as weekend field trips and sightseeing around the Seattle area.
Tuition: $6,200 (includes all class fees, books, use of laptop, all meals and snacks, admission fees to all local attractions and international insurance fees)
Registration fee: $50
Student arrivals: July 12
Student departures: August 9
Why Forest Ridge?
- All-Girl English Immersion Summer Program, limited to 21 students, ages 13-16
- 3 levels of English to challenge all student abilities
- Small class; 3:1 student-teacher ratio
- Use of school laptop
- Excellent Residential Life curriculum to learn American customs and culture
- Sacred Heart Network School with roots in Catholic tradition
- Established school with long history; in operation since 1907
Residential Living & Community
- Engaging dorm activities to build community and lasting friendships
- 24-hour staff supervision
- Campus security team
- Beautiful campus setting in suburban area
- Located less than 20 minutes from the world-class city of Seattle
Our full schedules keeps students busy working, thinking and playing in English.
|8:30 a.m.||Reading & Writing|
|10:45 a.m.||Speaking & Listening|
|2:30||Sports, Dance & Yoga|
|3:45||Art, Science & 3D Design|
|7:00||Study Hall or Dorm Meeting|
Weekend trips and activities are coordinated to enhance classroom learning. Past summer weekend trips have included:
- Pike Place Market
- Seattle Aquarium
- The Space Needle
- Seattle Art Museum
- Woodland Park Zoo
- Museum of Pop Culture
- Chihuly Glass Museum
- Boeing Museum of Flight
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Seattle Mariners Game
- Hike to Snoqualmie Falls
- Shopping Trips to Bellevue Square and University Village
Please contact Annabel Channel-Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-641-0700.