English Immersion Student Programs
Join us this fall for our English Immersion Student Programs (EISP) at Forest Ridge! Over the summer, we piloted a new, online format for our English Immersion classes and proved that synchronous, online English classes can be successful. We have kept our mission, our highly experienced faculty, and our engaging small-group format. Now we invite you to learn with us, wherever you are!
In the fall, EISP will adopt a modular approach; take as little or as much English as you need. Six separate classes are being offered, and you can sign up for only one night a week or accelerate your English by taking more classes. EISP classes will be held synchronously (in real time) online from October 12th, 2020 to December 19th, 2020 and will incorporate English instruction, leadership development, and cultural enrichment.
EISP classes are designed for middle school and high school students (girls ages 10 through 18 who are entering grades 5 through 12). Successful learners will have already studied at least two years of English in a school setting.
Why Forest Ridge?
Proven Academic Program
Since 2013, EISP has educated hundreds of English language learners, building on our core principles of strong relationships, empowerment for leadership and academic excellence.
During the summer of 2020, EISP moved online and served 25 students in three countries. The same experience and innovative teachers who led the summer classes will teach the fall program.
Students will learn targeted academic skills while being part of an American college-prep environment. Teachers select materials that are relevant and interesting. This isn't "textbook" English!
Teachers are experienced in building connections and community online. Seeing students overcome their hesitations and become bold, independent language users is what drives us.
October 12, 2020 to December 19, 2020 | Online orientation opens October 5
- Classes meet once a week from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. PST (Seattle time). Click here to convert to your local time.
- No classes will be held the week of Monday, November 23 to Sunday, November 29 for the American Thanksgiving holiday.
- Classes offered by day:
Monday Wednesday Friday Saturday Speaking English for Middle School Success Intermediate English Improvement: Integrated Skills English through American Pop Culture Intermediate Writing Improvement Speaking English for High School Success Essay Writing for High School and Beyond
- Tuition: Bundle multiple classes and save!
- $800 for one class (1 night per week, 20 hours of total instruction)
- $1,500 for two classes (2 nights per week, 40 hours of total instruction)
- $2,100 for three classes (3 nights per week, 60 hours of total instruction)
- Tech information and requirements:
- Upon enrollment, students will receive a Forest Ridge email account, which allows access to Microsoft Office products such as Word and PowerPoint for the duration of the class.
- Students must have a personal computer which is capable of downloading and running the Microsoft Teams application. Smart phones or tablets are not sufficient for full class participation.
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or i5, Core 2 Duo, or similar
- Memory/RAM: at least 4GB (8GB recommended for best performance)
- Storage: minimum 5GB available hard drive space
- Operating System: PC or Mac
- Web Camera and microphone (integrate or external)
- Classes are synchronous and require a reliable broadband internet connection.
- >50mb download speed recommended
- >10mb upload speed recommended
Please contact email@example.com for more information or to inquire about a custom course for your students.